Text Size   decrease font size increase font size

Q: I live in one part of the city and my officer is located in another part of the city,   Why can’t I report to the office closest to my home?

A: Due to specialization of caseloads, people convicted of certain types of offenses are required to report to offices that are not close to their homes.  In the event that you have transportation issues, you can speak with your officer to come up with solutions.

Q: I was ordered by the court for a PSI (Pre-sentence investigation), what does that mean?

A: When the court orders a pre-sentence investigation, the court is asking Probation to gather information to help the judge determine overall risk and to identify problems for the purpose of determining an appropriate sentence.  When an investigation is ordered, it does not mean you are on probation or that you will be receiving probation.  If you are ordered a PSI, it would be helpful if you notify us of any change in address so we can contact you to set up your interview and inform you of any changes with your case.

Q: I have a warrant, what should I do?

A: Call your probation officer and they will help you determine the best course of action?

Q: How can I find out if someone I know is on Probation?

A: Call one of our phone numbers, the fact that someone is on probation is a public record, due to our confidentiality rules, some information will not be disclosed.

Q: I was recently placed on probation, and I have not heard from my officer yet, what should I do?

A: It sometimes takes up to two weeks for a case to be processed and assigned to an officer.  If by the end of two weeks from the date you were placed on probation, you have not heard from an officer, call the phone number to the office you were assigned to and ask to speak with a supervisor.

Q: Someone I know is on probation and is not following the rules, what should I do?

A: Each probation order is different, if you have concerns about someone who is on probation, call us and we will direct your concern to the appropriate officer.  You can also use this website to contact us with information.  We will take the information and keep the source anonymous if you wish to remain anonymous.

Q: I can’t pay my fine and it is due soon, what should I do?

A: Call your officer for specific instructions, every situation is different and you may be able to get an extension.

Q: I am on probation and want to move to another state, how do I do that?

A: Moving to another state while on probation is a complicated process and will not happen quickly.  As soon as you are aware of this being a possibility, contact your officer to see if your case qualifies for transfer through the Interstate Compact.  There are specific rules for this, and by moving to another state without permission, you could be facing a violation of probation.